Scale-Ups Application Guidelines
MIT Graduates: You must be an MIT graduate to apply. D-Lab students cross-registered from other institutions who will graduate June 2013 are also eligible. Graduating students may apply to Phases I and II but must have graduated by the fellowship start date.
- Phases I and II: Only individuals may apply. If you are working as part of a team or through an organization, you must choose an individual to put forward the application and accept responsibility for the terms of the award if granted.
- Phase III: Only organizations may apply with a designated project lead.
Time Commitment: Fellows must commit 80% of a full time job equivalent to their projects for the duration of the project. To ensure that fellows stay connected to their customers, fellows should plan to spend a significant amount of time in the target market (see application guidelines for specific time-in-field requirements for each phase).
Technology Focused Projects: The object of the project must be the development and commercialization of a hardware product intended to create social value through poverty reduction at a significant scale.
- Phase I Proposal Guidelines - CLOSED
Next Deadline: EXTENDED TO APRIL 8, 2013 for projects running June 1 - September 30, 2013
- Phase II Proposal Guidelines - Download - CLOSED
Next Deadline: October 3, 2012 for projects running December 1, 2012 - November 30, 2013.
- Phase III Proposal Guidelines
Next Deadline: TBA spring, 2013 for projects running June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2015