Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Experiential Learning Opportunities
MIT D-Lab Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP)
Join an existing research project with one of our research staff members. See below for current listings! You may also propose a research project you have developed from work done in a D-Lab class or on a D-Lab fieldwork trip.
MIT D-Lab Experiential Learning Opportunities (ELO)
This is a new program, similar to UROP. See below for current listings!
Fall 2020 UROP and ELO Listings
All UROP and ELO positions are funded with the option of receiving credit in lieu of pay. Note to international students living outside the US: We are not able to pay an hourly rate for UROPs, only credit can be given. For ELOs, you may receive a stipend in one or two installments. In some cases, a UROP may be converted to an ELO and stipend provided.
Design and Education
- Assessment of bicycle models in Sub-Saharan Africa - Remote
- Creative Capacity Building (CCB) Build-It Modules for an Energy Project in Northern Uganda - Remote
- Factors that Contribute to or Hinder Effective Co-Design - Remote
- JumptoPC: Curating and Creating Content for Online Learning and Practice for Low-Income Students - POSITION FILLED
- Review of Participatory Design Approaches and When to Use Each Approach - Remote
- STEAM Modules for an Online Course on Design in East Timor - Remote
- Biomass Combustion Experiments to Validate Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Reaction Models - On-campus and/or remote
- CharWorks-Process Modeling for Continuous Carbonization of Biomass Residues in Low-Resource Settings - POSITION FILLED
- Modeling of Heat and Mass Transfer of Evaporative Cooling Devices for Improved Vegetable Storage in Low - Income Rural Communities - 2 POSITIONS FILLED - MORE AVAILABLE
- Affordable Involute Gear Manufacturing - On-campus
- Design, manufacture, & testing a heavy gauge steel tube rolling machine - On campus
- Agricultural Innovation in Smallholder Farming Systems in India - Remote - 3 POSITIONS FILLED - MORE AVAILABLE
- Support the Development of Innovation Hubs in Colombia - Remote
MIT Program Opportunities
- MIT D-Lab Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Internship - Remote
- MIT D-Lab Impact Internship - Remote
- MIT D-Lab Oral History: Telling the Stories of D-Lab International Community Partners - POSITION FILLED
- MIT D-Lab Student Project Archive Initiative - Remote
- MIT Students
All registered MIT undergraduates in good academic standing, including transfer students.
- Wellesley College Students
Cross-registered Wellesley undergraduates participating through the MIT-Wellesley Exchange Program (credit only).
- Students participating in an official MIT Undergraduate Exchange
During their semester(s) of study at MIT.
Megha Hegde, MIT D-Lab Research Associate and UROP Coordinator