Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Experiential Learning Opportunities
Join an existing research project with one of our research staff members as a UROP! You may also propose a research project you have developed from work done in a D-Lab class or on a D-Lab fieldwork trip. Experiential Learning Opportunities (ELO) is a new MIT program, similar to UROP. See below for current listings!
Compensation for UROPs and ELOs
- MIT students may receive pay or credit
- Non-MIT students may receive credit only
Note on ELO Compensation: MIT undergraduate students who have not fulfilled their ELO guarantee over Fall 2020 or IAP 2021 are eligible for compensation under this project for Spring 2021 at $13.50/hour with an expectation that the student will spend between 80-140 hours on the project over the course of the semester.
Spring 2021 UROP and ELO Listings
Design & Engineering
- Design & Manufacture Consumable Pump for Liquid Phase Cast Iron
- Design & Simulation of IC Engine Subsystem Modules
- Motor control for Welding Positioner
Education & Training
- Creative Capacity Building (CCB) Build-It Modules for an Energy Project in Northern Uganda - Remote
- JumptoPC: Curating and Creating Content for Online Learning and Practice for Low-Income Students - Remote
- STEAM Modules for an Online Course on Design in East Timor - Remote
- Biomass Combustion Experiments to Validate Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Reaction Models - On-campus and/or remote
- CharWorks-Process Modeling for Continuous Carbonization of Biomass Residues in Low-Resource Settings - Remote
MIT Program Opportunities
- MIT D-Lab Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Internship - Remote
- MIT D-Lab Impact Internship - Remote
- MIT D-Lab Oral History: Telling the Stories of D-Lab International Community Partners - Remote
- MIT D-Lab Student Project Archive Initiative - Remote
- MIT Students
All registered MIT undergraduates in good academic standing, including transfer students.
- Wellesley College Students
Cross-registered Wellesley undergraduates participating through the MIT-Wellesley Exchange Program (credit only).
- Students participating in an official MIT Undergraduate Exchange
During their semester(s) of study at MIT.
Megha Hegde, MIT D-Lab Research Associate and UROP Coordinator