Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Join an existing research project with one of our research staff members as a UROP! You may also propose a research project you have developed from work done in a D-Lab class or on a D-Lab fieldwork trip. See below for current listings!
Compensation for UROPs
- MIT students may receive pay or credit, or volunteer
- Non-MIT students may receive credit or volunteer
UROPs Spring 2023
- Design & Fabrication of hollow section structural tube bending tools
- Machine learning modeling to optimize bioenergy production
- Protoype design and lab-scale biochar production for energy use in cookstove
- MIT Students
All registered MIT undergraduates in good academic standing, including transfer students.
- Wellesley College Students
Cross-registered Wellesley undergraduates participating through the MIT-Wellesley Exchange Program (credit only).
- Students participating in an official MIT Undergraduate Exchange
During their semester(s) of study at MIT.
Megha Hegde, MIT D-Lab Research Associate & UROP Coordinator