In addition to working directly with innovators and entrepreneurs to develop new solutions to local challenges, MIT D-Lab works with supporters and enablers of innovation-driven entrepreneurship around the world in order to strengthen local ecosystems of support.
Identifying Best Practice
We leverage research on innovation ecosystems to identify and disseminate practices for strengthening innovation-driven entrepreneurship ecosystems.
We convene diverse groups of entrepreneurship support organizations together with entrepreneurs to:
- Clarify their vision for the future of their local ecosystem
- Better understand its current reality, identifying its greatest assets and the challenges obstructing its growth
- Identify productive pathways for collective action to strengthen the ecosystem
- Build meaningful relationships to facilitate effective collaboration
Supporting local institutions
We support local institutions and individuals to establish effective and sustainable local innovation centers and incubators.
- Building Inclusive Economy with Small Scale Miners (Colombia)
- Refugee Innovation Ecosystem - Rhino Camp (Uganda)
- Creación de Comunidades Creativas (Mexico)
- NEXT Idea to Impact (Ghana)
- ANDE Gender Equality Action Labs (Global)
- Tackling Challenges to Scale Co-Design Summit (Uganda)
- Practical Impact Alliance Co-Design Summit (Laayoune)
- Innovation Ecosystem Builder Fellowship (Multiple countries)
- Innovation-driven Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Mapping Workshops (Multiple countries)