These documents that outline and describe the general processes used in the Energy Assessment Toolkit and serve as aids for using the “A” and “B” tools.
Training and Supporting Documents
- C0 Implementer and context questionnaire (v1.0).docx
- C1 Description of "A Data Collection Tools" (v1.0).pdf
- C2 Description of "B Data Analysis and Visualization Tools" (v1.0).pdf
- C3 Training of assessment leads (v1.0).pptx
- C4 Example consent form (v1.0).docx
- C5 Cookstove pictures (v1.0).pptx
- C6 Notes for data collection and data management (v1.02).docx
- C7 D-Lab Scale-Ups User Research Framework.pdf
- C8 Example Outputs (folder containing multiple files)
MIT D-Lab Energy Assessment Toolkit now available for download!
- MIT D-Lab Energy Assessment Toolkit Introduction (5.6 MB Download)
- Full MIT D-Lab Energy Assessment Toolkit (Download from Google Drive)
We have piloted this assessment process with organizations in Latin America, West Africa, and India. If you are interested in working with D-Lab to conduct an assessment of the energy needs and market opportunities in the off-grid community where you work or if you have feedback on the Energy Assessment Toolkit, please email Eric Verploegen.
D-Lab's Energy Assessment Toolkit was developed in partnership with Mercy Corps. For information on Mercy Corps' energy access programs, email Shanti Kleiman
The D-Lab Energy Assessment Toolkit by MIT D-Lab is open-source and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.