Learn more about the Lean Research approach and the principles of rigor, respect, relevance and right-size, through our guides, case studies, and publications
Lean Research Framework. Introduces the Lean Research framework and principles and offers a set of questions to guide your research.
Lean Research Field Guide Provides examples of how organizations from the Lean Research Community are applying the principles in practice.
Papers and other Publications
Lean Research Working Paper. Describes the research experiences that motivated the initiative, provides more detail on the principles, and references related writings from others.
Blog and news
- October 11, 2018: Real Girls, real lives, connected. A global study of girls’ access to and usage of mobile, told through 3,000 voices
- March 9, 2016: Evaluation that Creates Value for Participants: A Client-Centric Approach
- March 1, 2016: Consent as Conversation: Lean research in vulnerable settings
- February 22, 2016: Lean Research: Introducing a Movement for Change
- December 3, 2015: The Research Supply Chain and the Ethics of Knowledge Production
- November 17, 2015: Lean Data Management for MFIs
- July 21, 2015: Making Evidence Practical for Development
- June 24, 2015: Leaner Research for Social Businesses
- April 29, 2015: Advancing “lean research” for improved international development
- February 6, 2015: Presenting Lean Research at the Smallholder Performance Measurement Workshop
- August 11, 2014: Lean Research – Is it Time to Reimagine the Study of Financial Inclusion?
- August 6, 2014: The start of a movement for Lean Research?