Applications of Energy in Global Development
Instructors: Dan Sweeney, Eric Verploegen
Final presentations: Thursday, December 1, 3:00-5:00pm. MIT N51-310 or Zoom.
- Cameroon: Chick Brooder
- Uganda: Testing and Improving a Charcoal-Based Heat Exchanger for Fruit Drying
Instructors: Libby Hsu, Bish Sanyal
Final presentations: Friday, December 9, 3:45-4:55pm. MIT N51-310 or Zoom.
- Bolivia: Limpiando Cochabamba con las Eco-Colectoras: CCB Workshop & Cooking Oil to Soap Initiative
- Colombia: Improving Waste Distribution for Vermifilter Toilet Tanks
- Ghana: Ghana Oil Pollution Prevention Project
- Kenya: Mini MEter
- Mexico: Humidity treatment process for humidity-resistant cardboard chairs
D-Lab: Schools (Building Technology Lab)
Instructor: Les Norford
Final presentation: Monday, December 19, 9 am -12 pm. N51-350 or Zoom
- Sierra Leone: We Yone Learning Centre, Masiaka
Design for Scale
Instructors: Macauley Kenney, Maria Yang, Emily Young
Final presentations: Thursday, December 8, 11:30am-1:00pm. MIT N51-310 or Zoom. Followed by lunch and conversation with teams.
- Bangladesh: Bioforge Hand Washing Station
- Hong Kong: Air Purifier for Subdivided Flats in Hong Kong
- Mexico: DAVA Shoe Press
Gender & Development
Instructors: Sally Haslanger, Libby McDonald
Final presentations: Morocco Team - Wednesday, December 7, 9:30am. Brazil, Colombia, and Kenya Teams - Wednesday, December 14, 9:30am. All presentations at N51-310 or Zoom.
- Bolivia: Livelihood Alternatives with Waste Pickers in Cochabamba
- Brazil: Participatory Research Framework focused on the Female Perspective on Climate Justice in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo’s Favelas
- Colombia: Co-Designing Solutions in Formalization Efforts with Artisanal and Small Scale Women Miners
- Kenya: A Creative Capacity Building Workshop on Conducting Research to Address Sexual and Reproductive Health in Kenya
- Morocco: Maternal Healthcare Access in Morocco
Instructors: Joost Bonsen, Alex (Sandy) Pentland
Final presentations: Thursday, December 8, 10:00-12:00 with showcase 12:00-1:00. MIT Media Lab, 3rd Floor Atrium, 75 Amherst Street, Cambridge. Register to attend to receive a link for the livestream.
Class projects here and below.
- Loamy ~ Empowering Your Fertility Journey
- blueLabs ~ Predicting the impact of pollution at every location on the planet
- MyFarmNet ~ Decentralized Social Network Powering Precision Farming
- Linkteen ~ Empowering Teens to Build an Exceptional Future
- iSight ~ Tokenized Tele-help for Vision Assistance
- Mycelium ~ The Central Data Bank of Biology and AI
- SleePro ~ Voice-based Circadian Diagnostic and Performance Management Platform
- MediCipher ~ AI-enabled Clinical Billing Automation and Data Mining
- TrustChain ~ Verification System for Social Impact Projects
- Moxie ~ Rediscovering Your Strengths for Refugees & Pivoters
- FanCoin ~ Democratizing Fan Ownership in Sports Teams
- Ledger Research ~ Democratizing Data Collection
- Socratis ~ Predicting Societal Reactions to Multimedia Content.
- ReFi DAO ~ A Web3 Venture Studio for Climate Startups