Final presentations & working prototypes from current D-Lab students - Friday, December 9, 5:00-7:00 pm - D-Lab, MIT N51 3rd floor (350)
Join the crowd that assembles at D-Lab twice a year to see what our students have been working during the semester!
WHAT: Final presentations & working prototypes from current D-Lab students
WHEN: Friday, December 9th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
WHERE: At D-Lab, MIT N51-3rd Floor
D-Lab students from six fall courses offered will be presenting!
D-Lab: Development, Instructors Libby Hsu and Amy Smith
- Botswana Team: DingRan (Annie) Dai, Ayesha Khan, Alberto Mulero, Kavya Pathak, Orlando Ward-Santos — These Hands
- Colombia Team: Stephanie Cheng, Anshula Gandhi, Justin Gong, Bruke Kifle, Roget Mo, Jose Padilla, Jana Saadi, Kaymie Shiozawa — C-Innova, Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- El Salvador Team: Sally Beiruti, Kelly Chen, Katherine Dieppa — ASAPROSAR
- India Team: Ramkrishnamurth Bhaskharamurthi, Caroline Morris — JWAFS/MIT Mechancial Engineering/MIT D-Lab
- Uganda Team: Andrew Beller, Rachel Galowich, Madeline Haas, Timothy Manganello, Benjamin Teitscheid — TEWDI Uganda
D-Lab: Gender, Instructors Libby McDonald & Martha Thompson
- Basho (international development program that works with an aging population in post-disaster regions): Carissa Connelly (no display)
- Association of Ethopian University Women: Tigist Kassahun Temesgen (no display)
- MIT D-Lab/ International Development Innovation Network Network CCB training, innovation centers: Gayathri Ramani (no display)
- MIT D-Lab Energy Group: Nai Kalema, Melissa Mangino, Anish Paul Antony
D-Lab: Mobility, Instructor Matt McCambridge
- Wheelchair Modification for Dessert Sand: Cady Lytle, Mina Blume, shannon McCoy, Sarah Tress — Dkar Innovation Center, Botswana
- Durable Low-Cost Power Wheelchair:Sarah boet Whittaker, Scott Middleton, David Wang, Roberto Campanario — Bamboo Bicycles Beijing, Beijing, China
D-Lab: Supply Chains, Instuctor Stephen Graves
- Naasakle Body Care Products: Adedoyin A Olateru-Olagbegi, Erica M Waller, Lauren S Ullmann — Ghana
- Smart Hydro: Tom Vollmer, Tobias Alexander, Emil Ballauff, Sabrine Ahmed Iqbal, Paul Stanier — India
- Living Goods: Bridget Bassi, Devin M Williams, Morgan F Goodson — Kenya, Uganda
D-Lab: Waste, Instructors Kate Mytty and Jennifer Hiser
- Evaluating Technology in Context: Mobile Apps for Waste Pickers: Rebekah Bell, Talia Fox — Wastepickers, Brazil
- Mattress Recycling - Project Development: Willy DeConto, Thomas Giardina, Yanis Techagumthorn, Aldis Elfarsdottir — UTEC, Lowell, Mass.
- Survey on Reuseable Mugs: Ronja Pereira Haase — MIT Office of Sustainability
- Extending the Resueable Takeout Containers System at MIT: Tiffany Wang — MIT Office of Sustainability
- Torrefaction Comparative Case Studies: Deng-Tung Wang — Safi Organics/Takachar
- Link Between Waste Education and Behavior Change: Helen Kim — Winsor School, Boston, Mass.
- Using Technology to Improve Waste Disposal in Mumbai Slum Communities: Udayan Dasgupta — TBC / Mumbai Waste Organization, India
- MOWA: D-Lab’s only Museum of Waste Art: 4 Pieces by D-Lab Waste Class, 2016 — In-class project
Design for Scale, Instructors Kate Bergeron, Harald Quintus-Bosz, Matt McCambridge
- Multicrop Thresher: Henry M Lubowe, Jahnavi Kalpathy, John Thomas B Homrich, Maya S Sathaye, Rory M Beyer — Imara Tech,Tanzania
- Photovoltaic Tracker: Emily J Young, Mitchell P Turley, Sade K Nabahe, Tamanna Islam Urmi — STG, Lesotho
- Posture Support for Pediatric Wheelchairs: Erica M Waller, Jamie Wong, Marian J Heman-Ackah, Meghan Nicole Maupin, Rachel M Nations — Diversability Development Organization, Toronto
- Wheelchair Activity Tracker: Lara Markey, Pashu Pasich, Meagan Patrick — Sensen, MIT
To kick things off, D-Lab instructors will give brief overviews of their classes. Attendees will then be able to speak with student teams and view all the working prototypes on display throughout the D-Lab space. All welcome.